Translate

Wednesday 8 April 2015

The Birthday.....!!!

30th January, "S" had his birthday. The day i was waiting for. For so many days i had a cyclone of thoughts in my mind about his birthday present. It only came to an end when i finally decided to present him a coffee mug with his pictures printed on it. I gave his gift to Pranay on 29th so that he received it at 12 a.m. I also wished him at night. We did not meet as he was busy that day with his friends at college. 
On 31st January i went for a haircut. The moment i saw myself in the mirror 
after it, i was wretched. It was a new look but the length was too short. I got home and cried a lot feeling not to step out unless i look fine again. Unfortunately, "S" invited Riya and me for his birthday treat that day. I begged him we don't want it today but he implored and i could not refuse. I tried scarfs, woolen caps and other stuff to cover my hairs so that i could escape any attention. "S" came with Pranay and the four of us went to the park. He was flirtatious with Riya and so i kept away from him. We headed for the dinner where too i chose to have a seat next to Pranay while Riya and "S" sat together. I wanted to skip everything and get back home but i did not or else i would have spoiled everyone's mood. I hardly spoke, i hardly ate. All i wanted was to leave. After the dinner we finally returned home. At night my phone rang. It was "S". He asked me why was i so quiet today?? I skipped answering. He asked me again- "Do i love him??" 
I struggled for words. The unsettling moments of the day ran through my mind furiously and dubiously i said "NO". I liked "S", we were good friends but i never liked him being a flamboyant. 
Was i jealous seeing him flirt?? 
Was that love or was it infatuation??
Or was it simply nothing?? 


No comments: